Aires Privacy Notice - Last revised 07/17/2023
At Aires, we are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your personal information when you visit our website or use our services. By accessing our website or using our services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
In most situations Aires operates as a data processor. We process personal information for purposes determined by the data controller. If you are visiting our website, we operate as a data controller.
Information We Process
We process your personal information that we collect from you or the data controller. The types of personal information we may process include:
- Contact information (e.g., name, email address, phone number)
- Identifying Information (e.g., DOB, driver’s license number, social security number, passport number, EIN)
- Demographic information (e.g., address, destination address)
- Financial Information (account balances, income, assets, insurance premiums, payment history )
- Device information (e.g., IP address, browser type)
Use of Information
We may use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Providing Global Mobility Services
- Providing and improving our products and services
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may engage trusted partners to perform certain functions on our behalf. These partners have access to your personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfill their duties.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a valid legal request, such as a court order or government investigation.
- Protection of Rights: We may disclose your information to protect our rights, property, and safety, as well as the rights, property, and safety of our users and others.
You have the right to access, update, correct, or request deletion of your personal information. You may also have the right to object to certain data processing activities. To exercise your rights or make changes to your preferences, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or access the Privacy Webform on our website.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect it. Our Information Security Management System is certified to ISO 27001, and our Privacy Information Management System is certified to ISO 27701. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Any information that Aires’s webservers may store in cookies is used for internal purposes only. Cookie data is not used in any way that would disclose personally identifiable information to outside parties unless Aires is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Data Privacy Framework (DPF) Commitment
Aires complies with the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, Switzerland, and the UK to the United States, respectively. To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Representative
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), American International Relocation Solutions, LLC d/b/a Aires has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR Representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR:
- by using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
- by writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
General Data Protection Regulation
European Union data subjects have certain rights including the right to access personal information, the right to rectification, the right to erasure (to be forgotten), the right to restrict processing, the right to object, and the right to data portability. Any inquiries related to these rights can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clients with active credentials may also login to www.aires.com and submit a data inquiry request. Aires primarily operates as a processor on behalf of client controllers and has certain obligations within data processing agreements with those controllers. As such, verified inquiries will be sent to appropriate data controllers to evaluate data subject rights.
U.S. State Law (CA, UT, CO, VA, CT, et.al)
Aires is a service provider (or equivalent), and only processes personal information as directed by the applicable business (or equivalent).
Aires does not use, disclose, or retain personal information for any purpose outside of the business contract, unless otherwise permitted by law.
Aires is obligated to assist the business in carrying out legal consumer rights requests.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or applicable laws. The revised Privacy Notice will be effective when posted on our website. We encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please visit the Privacy Webform or email email@example.com.